The image for the beginning of 2013? Anchors. Anchors are really big right now because of their simplicity and vintage inspiration. We’ve put together a bracelet showcasing an anchor with a pop of color that is great for layering.
Buy the kit in store or online! Buy Now
- 14″ of 1mm Leather Shop
This will make about a 7-1/2″ bracelet. For shorter or longer lengths, change the total amount of leather used or add an extender chain.
- 1 Anchor Pendant Shop
We carry two different sizes by TierraCast: a pendant size and a charm size. Here, we have used the pendant size. If the charm size is used instead, be aware the amount of leather needed will change.
- 2 Fold Over Cord Ends
- 2 Jump Rings Shop
- Lobster Clasp
- Chain nose pliers
Two sets of pliers, a chain nose and any other, is great for opening jump rings easily.
- Collect all of your supplies. Make sure nothing is missing.
- Cut the leather into two equal pieces.
- Fold one of the pieces in half and feed the bend through the loop of the anchor.
- Feed the ends of the leather through the leather loop/bend.
- Pull tight. Make sure that the leather ends stay relatively even.
- Repeat the process on the other side of the anchor by wrapping the bend in the leather around the middle of the anchor.
- Create a loop, and pull the ends through.
- Place two ends into the fold over cord end.
- Carefully fold one side of the cord end down onto the leather ends.
- Fold the other side down.
Then, attach the clasp and enjoy!