Ah, summer, the time of year when we get to relax and release the Bohemian in everyone of us! While enjoying the weather, grab some of that beach/summer energy and wear it in your jewelry with these boho-chic pearl earrings. Easy to make, and a breeze to wear, let the spirit of the season inspire you.
- 12″ 1mm leather Buy Online!
- 2 jump rings We suggest using soldered jump rings or split rings
- 4 10mm Swarovski pearls Buy Online!
- Earwires Buy Online!
- Glue Quick drying Zap Jewelry Gel Available Online
Some of the holes on the pearls are not perfect, obstructing the leather and making it difficult to string them. Use a reamer to clean it up or, if you don’t have a reamer on hand, grab a pair of round nose pliers or a pencil and push down any tabs for the hole to be smooth.
- Cut a piece of leather about 6″ long.
- Slide on one jump ring and hold it at about 2-1/2″. This is currently the shorter strand, but will be the longest.
- When folded, you should have two different lengths of leather: one at 2-1/2″ and another that is longer.
- Only using the long strand, cross it over the shorter one keeping about 1/2″ distance from the ring.
- Wrap the long strand once around both strands, keeping the loop open with your fingers.
- Wrap three or four more times towards the jump ring, keeping the loops open with your fingers and about 1″ of tail.
- Slide the tail through the loops away from the ring.
- Carefully tighten the knot and keep the loops from crossing over one another.
- Slide the knot until it is next to the ring. Now, there should be the 2-1/2″ strand and a shorter strand!
- Thread the pearls and while holding them towards the bottom, glue both the top and bottom of the pearls with Zap Jewelry Gel or E6000