More layering bracelets! This is a really nice dash of color and metal that will compliment any other layering piece.
Kits available in store!
- 6 curved tubes
- 6 1mm crimp ends
- 2 jump rings
- 1 Clasp
- ~20-24 inches of 1mm leather depending on the size bracelet you are making. Shop
- Chain nose pliers
Two sets of pliers, a chain nose and any other, is great for opening jump rings easily.
- Cut your leather into three pieces. The clasp will add 3/4″ to the final length, so cut the leather appropriately. For example, we made a 7-1/2″ by cutting 6-3/4″ lengths of leather.
- Place one end of a piece of leather into the small cord end.
- Using a pair of pliers, carefully bend one side down on top of the leather. Make sure the leather doesn’t move from inside the cord end – sometimes it will fall out and if the crimp has already been crimped, the leather can not be placed back in (easily).
- Fold the other side down on top of the previous side, or next to it – whichever it can do. If the leather is small enough, the second side should be on top of the first or it will not be tight enough on the leather.
- String on two tubes. The 1mm leather is almost the same size as the opening, so cutting the end at an angle helps string them on.
- Crimp the other side and repeat for the remaining pieces of leather.
- Using a pair of pliers, open each jump ring and string on the ends. On one of the jump rings, add the clasp before closing.