We love the new geometric styles that push the limitations of traditional shapes. These little metal triangles are easy to make, and you can attach them into any shape you wish!
We carry the entire Vintaj line in store for your convenience!
- 1 sheet of metal, at least 1″ x 6″
We offer Brass, Red Brass, and Nickle stamping sheets between 24 and 18 gauge priced accordingly.
- Jeweler’s hammer (ball pein, chasing, etc.)
Vintaj Ball Pein Hammer: $4.95
- Bench block
Vintaj Bench Block: $14.95
- Metal shears or jeweler’s saw
Vintaj Metal Shears: $9.95
- Metal file
Vintaj Metal File: $2.95
- Metal hole punch Available online!
- At least 12 jumprings Available online!
- 1 foot of chain
- Clasp of your choice
- Gather your supplies, including a sharpie and a ruler.
- Decide on the size of the triangles, we wanted them to be one inch high with a one inch base. Staying near the edge for less work, we drew a line across one inch from the edge.
- Along the bottom, mark for each triangle base (e.g. every inch)
- On the drawn line, mark the same distance in the center of the bases. Because our triangles have a one inch base, we marked every inch starting 1/2″ in.
- Connect the dots!
- Using the metal shears, carefully cut along the sharpie lines. Note: if you are using a jeweler’s saw, skip ahead to step 10
- We removed small pieces at a time to cut the triangles for ease.
- If you used the shears, you will notice that the metal will begin to curve – no worries!
- Using a hammer and bench block, lightly hammer the pieces flat. Try not to hammer too hard, e.g. slamming as hard as you can, because it will leave dents on the metal.
- Once hammered, using the metal file to file down sharp edges and round the corners.
- Placing two triangles next to each other, check to see where the holes need to be punched for both to fit.
- Here, the holes are punched far enough towards the end that the tips of the triangles do not hit while hanging from the same ring.
- Punch and attach the remaining triangles.
- Attach enough chain to bring the final necklace length to about 18″ and add a clasp.