We’ve really been loving the infinity links by TierraCast, they’re just so inspiring! After seeing a lot of infinity style rings around, we decided to fashion one of our own and it’s surprisingly easy!
- One TierraCast infinity link Available online!
- Two TierraCast 4mm Rivets Available online!
- One strip (5mm wide) suede or deer lace Available online!
- Bail making pliers Available online!
- Leather hole punch
EZ Punching Leather Hole Punch: $16.95
- Jewelers hammer
Vintaj 4oz. Ball-Pein Hammer: $4.95
- Bench block
Vintaj Bench Block: $14.95
- Rivet Setter
Realeather Crafts Rivet Setter Kit: 11.95
Now that you’ve got all your supplies together, lets get to creating!
- Using the bail making pliers, gently and gradually bend the infinity link into a “U” shape, roughly the size of your finger. Fig. 1-5
- Cut 3″ from the suede or deer lace strip. Fig. 6
- Use the leather hole punching pliers to make a 2mm hole at one end of the strip, then make another hole of the same size 2cm away from the first. Fig. 7-9
- Repeat step 3 at the other end of the leather strip. You should now have 4 holes in the strip. Fig. 10
- Fold one end of the leather through one side of the infinity link and match up the end hole with the hole that’s 2cm away from it. Fig. 11
- Insert the rivet post through these two holes so that the flat base of the rivet is on the inside of the leather band. Fig. 12-13
- Squeeze the rivet cap onto the rivet post. Fig. 14
- Hammer the rivet into place. Fig. 15-16 (For more information on setting rivets, check out TierraCast’s instructional viedo here.)
- Repeat steps 5-7 using the other end of leather to close up the ring. Fig.17
- Hammer the second rivet into place. When hammering the second rivet, position the rivet base on the very corner of your bench block to make enough room for riveting without hammering the infinity link. Fig.18
- Trim any fray from the leather band, slip it on your finger and show it off! Try making one in each finish to match every outfit!