- A selection of charms
- Different colored crystals (we also used three different sizes)
- Ring size memory wire
- Jump rings
Kits are available in store and will be available online soon!
- Round nose pliers
- Chain nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- Take out the memory wire.
- Cut about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 loops.
Be careful, memory wire is a tempered steel and can be difficult to cut.
- Now, make a loop in the wire. Start by holding one end so that the tip of the wire is flush with the side of the round nose pliers.
- Begin to turn the pliers either against or with the curvature, we went against.
Again, memory wire is a tempered steel and can be hard to turn – go at your own pace!
- Turn the wire all the way until it touches the main piece, completing the loop.
- Determine what charm to use and what colors to pair with it.
- To open up a jump ring to put on the charm (so that it hangs the right direction), begin by grasping either side of the opening with two pliers. We used two chain nose pliers but a set of chain nose with a set of round nose will work as well.
For softer metals, one pair of chain nose and your fingers work as well.
- Holding the pliers tight, rotate the pliers to open the jump ring.
- Place the jump ring on your charm and close the ring in the same manner that it was opened. String on your beads and charm.
- Finish off the wine charm by turning another loop on the other end of the wire.